It can be tough to find a healthy option for breakfast that’s quick and easy to make. Of course, there are many different options out there, but our current favorite is a smoothie bowl. Not only does it take practically no time to make, but you also get all the nutrients you need to fill you up and give you the energy you’ll need for the day. This recipe in particular has a whole lot of delicious and healthy ingredients. From mango to spinach and flax seeds, they all have different benefits for you that you will love!
Let’s start with the main ingredient: mango. This fruit is low in calories and high in nutrients like vitamin C, copper, vitamin B6, and so much more. All these things help the body in all kinds of different ways, from aiding the immune system to helping iron absorption. Spinach is high in fiber as well as other nutrients that are essential to our health. It has iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K1, folic acid, and even calcium! To top it off, flax seeds are another fantastic ingredient to include in your diet. These tiny seeds, when ground, will give you all kinds of amazing things. From omega-3 and 6 fatty acids to thiamine, copper, and magnesium, these seeds will make a great addition to a healthy diet.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 heaping cup baby spinach
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 medium banana, cut into pieces and frozen
- 1 large mango, cut into pieces and frozen – about 1 1/2 – 2 cups
- Toppings of your choice
- Add the almond milk, spinach, and flax seeds to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the frozen banana and mango to the blender and pulse it all until the mixture is smooth. Since the mixture is thick, you might have to stop and start it a few times to get it moving.
- Spoon the smoothie into a bowl and finish with the toppings you like!